On October 3, 2019, three committees in the House of Representatives joined in providing an update with regard to impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump. Their press release states that current and former State Department officials produced documents surrounding the concern of withholding military assistance from Ukraine around the same time that the administration was looking toward Ukraine to announce an investigation into the 2016 U.S. election and the alleged involvement of Ukrainian politicians.
Read the Congressional letter and attached texts.
- Congressional Letter (0:58)
- Attachment: Text Messages (5:36)
- Connecting Rudy Giuliani with Ukraine President Zelensky's Advisor (5:38)
- Sondland Briefs Zelensky Ahead of Call with President Trump (6:13)
- Concerns about Ukraine Becoming an "Instrument" in U.S. Politics (7:07)
- Giuliani Advocates for Trump-Zelensky Call (7:51)
- Volker Advises Yermak Ahead of Trump-Zelensky Call (8:45)
- Yermak's Informal Readout of the Trump-Zelensky Call (9:20)
- State Department Officials Discuss a White House Visit and Ukraine Statement (9:59)
- State Department Officials Seek Giuliani's Guidance on Ukraine Statement (11:08)
- Ukrainian Aide Seeks White House Date First (11:54)
- Discussion of Ukrainian Statement to Include References to 2016 Election and Burisma (13:25)
- Confirming Desire to Reference 2016 Election and Burisma (14:19)
- Ukrainian Official Shares Press Report of U.S. Withholding Military Assistance (15:00)
- President Trump Cancels Trip to Meet President Zelensky (15:39)
- State Department Officials on Security Assistance and the Ukraine "Interview" (16:42)
- State Department Officials on Withholding Security Assistance (17:31)
If you'd like episodes like these to continue, please help support the podcast by going to governmentunfiltered.com or by going to insiderfriends.com. Your support will be recognized on an upcoming show. For anonymous donations, you can go to glow.fm/insider to donate on either a one-time or recurring basis.