In this episode of the Millionaire Mindcast, we have a wonderful guest Codie Sanchez who shares her interesting origin story, insights, and values on understanding more about the risks, and opportunities, the significance of money and power, the good thing about curiosity and asking quality questions, and how to live a remarkable contrarian lifestyle!
Codie Sanchez is an investor, advisor, and former conflict journalist - all about contrarian investing, life hacking and wealth-building the unconventional way, and Managing Director and Partner at Entourage Effect Capital, a growth equity firm focused specifically on investing in the legalized cannabis industry. Since 2014, EEC has deployed $100+ million into over 40 companies out of its two dedicated funds and co-investments.
She is also the founder and creator of an amazing community and educational platform, the Unconventional Acquisitions, one of the biggest markets in terms of buying distressed real estate, and turnkey businesses to create income and become financially free.
This amazing woman made her own framework in life. For her, it is necessary to have rules to live by, as well as discipline. She realized her way to live. It is by living a contrarian lifestyle.
Codie believes that money is important because it leads to individualism. You can’t deny the fact that everybody goes after it. For her, money is the fastest way to get power and freedom. It allows you financial freedom and protects your rights to make sure you can push back when people push upon you.
On the other hand, Codie is certain on the significance of asking quality questions. She emphasizes that none of these matters if you don’t ask questions and if you don’t know how to think!
Some Questions I Ask:
- There’s power about you, edginess, authenticity, and genuine desire to help and serve people, where did that come from? (00:26)
- Where did this money-mindset cultivate and start for you? (02:32)
- What do you say to those individuals based on what philosophies, characteristics, and principles you live your contrarian life after? (05:47)
- How did you find a way to live such a balance and intentional life with your partner and bring him into the fall? What was your process of selecting that person in your life? (09:02)
- What do you guys feel that you do as a power couple to live in that contrarian thread of life that doesn’t keep you feel average, boring, and complaisant in your relationship in your marriage? (12:30)
- How important are questions in life, business, altogether? (16:14)
- Give us just a brief snippet or synopsis of some of the past traditions of the Contrarian Newsletter, and maybe a glimpse of the premium version of the Contrarian Cashflow. (22:04)
- How did the Contrarian Newsletter, brand, and business start? What is it kind of moving into now, and what door is it open for you? (25:33)
- Share a little bit about Unconventional Acquisitions. (29:44)
- What are some of the most appetizing business models to you right now based on the breadth of exposure that you’ve seen in that realm of Unconventional Acquisitions? (32:55)
- What are some of the high-level things that they should be asking the sellers for to understand where the opportunities might be or where the risks are? (38:17)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The importance of money and power (03:10)
- Keeping a Quote and Wisdom Book (06:11)
- “Power is important because it leads to individualism.”
- “Money is the fastest way to get power.”
- “If you stand for nothing, you fall for anything.”
- “The best way to freedom is financial freedom and the fastest way to protect your rights is to have the money.”
- “Constraints are the biggest source of freedom.”
- “Philosophers are just question-askers.”
Connect with Codie Sanchez on:
Contrarian Thinking – Signup the Newsletter