In this episode of the Millionaire Mindcast, we have an amazing guest, Eddie Speed who shares insights and wisdom over his career on leverage, creative terms, getting into the note game, hedge fund, learning how to discuss interest rates, the perspective of understanding seller-financing, and importance of business ethics and integrity!
Eddie Speed is a serial entrepreneur, coach, award-winning training designer, public speaker, educator, consultant, discount note expert, author, President, and Founder at NoteSchool, a platform that educates and assist real estate agents and brokers, mortgage brokers, builders, investing clubs, among others to be prepared for the incredible opportunities in the real estate market, through comprehensive training programs, available in-home study courses, live seminars, and ultimately mentoring programs.
For almost 40 years, he has purchased more than 40,000 notes and the NoteSchool executive team has bought 3.5 billion dollars in notes. He is dedicated to his professional life to the seller financing and non-performing note industry, and teaching thousands of investors around the country.
Eddie started in real estate when he was 20 years old. The big thing is he sees things in puzzle pieces, willing to learn, and execute his plans. He believes that there’s a catastrophe coming. But preparing and positioning yourself before the bomb is an advantage!
Some Questions I Ask:
- Where did your journey begin in real estate? (01:03)
- Give us a little context of what seller-financing/note buying is? (01:35)
- How did you come across your first deal, and how did you navigate it? (04:02)
- What creative financing or note buying is? What do you teach people to do? (06:56)
- What are some of the mistakes that you see even the season investors and your students are making that they just don’t know about? (13:08)
- What are the best ways to present things, and the big mistakes that unravel opportunities that prevent them to get across the finish line? (17:35)
- What do you see in terms of what the real estate landscape could look like in 2021 and beyond? How do creative investing and terms tie into all of these to build wealth? (22:04)
- What are you getting excited about in helping a lot of people, building your own network, growing your passive income? What should people be doing to get the advantage of this opportunity? (28:10)
- What do you say to that person in terms of integrity and ethics as a real estate investor? (34:14)
- What has been one of your favorite or largest deals or structured? (37:20)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Characteristic of most successful student (05:15)
- The pattern with the most season guys (13:27)
- The Mindset of being Asset Agnostic (28:49)
- Why would Eddie chase Amateur Landlords (31:13)
- “The more cash you take the day, the less you can take for your property.”
- “If you fail to listen to your customer, you’re not probably failing getting to a solution they want.”
- “There’s an opportunity if you walk it into the right mindset.”
- “You don’t know what you don’t know until you see it.”
Connect with Eddie Speed on:
It’s A Whole New Ball Game with Creative Financing book by Eddie Speed