CA100: The Changeability Podcast past and future
The Changeability Podcast past and future
We celebrate 100 episodes as we take a look at the Changeability Podcast past and future.
Here’s some of the top 3s from the past 99 episodes followed by a look at the next episode in the Changeability Podcast story. Audience top 3 episodes
The 3 favourite episodes of our audience to date. These are the shows with the highest number of downloads so far. The longer the episode’s been on iTunes or our BrilliantLivingHQ.com website or Stitcher or TuneIn the longer people have had to listen to it, so we would expect the older shows to have more downloads than newer ones and that’s reflected in these results.
Third most popular episode - ‘What is Mind Management’ Episode 6
In episode 6 of the Changeability Podcast we were thinking about our strap line phrase – ‘Mind Management’. What is mind management and what’s in it for you?
In episode 6 you found out about:
* Kathryn and Julian’s acting skills (you’ve been warned)
* How many thoughts you have in a day
* Why sports people love mind management
* How thoughts have energy
* How you are not thoughts
* How mind management needs training
* Mind management can improve your personal and professional life
Second most popular episode - ‘The Brilliant You’ Episode 2
Do you know how truly amazing you are? Well that’s what episode 2 is all about.
You might not always feel like a magnificent being, but by the end of this second episode you be agreeing with us that you’re pretty smart.
Because in this show we talk about just how brilliant you and your marvellous mind and what it means.
* What you’re doing as you listen to the episode (really?)
* How you’re like an iceberg and why that’s a good thing.
* How many things we can focus on at a time
* What Julian learnt from a Memory World Champion (or rather - didn’t learn!)
* The role of the conscious and unconscious brain and how they manage our minds.
Understanding a few basics about how your mind works, will help you understand what’s getting in the way of doing what you want and what to do about it.
Most popular episode - ‘Changeability – The Start’ Episode 1
The first episode saw us introducing ourselves and the Changeability show.
The Changeability podcast is for you if you’re interested in changing or improving something in your life or business, big or small. It’s for people like us who’re interested in finding ways to make our lives the best they can be – so we can be more successful (whatever that means to you), happy and fulfilled.
Through discussion and interviews we look at practical mind management and change techniques, tactics & tools - taken from the worlds of personal development, psychology, neuroscience, business, sport, entertainment and spirituality – to empower and inspire a happier, successful life or business.
In the first episode you find out:
* What is Changeability?
* And why should you care about it?
* Why is change hard?
* How we can self-sabotage our best intentions
* Why it’s not your fault - and why it’s good.
* Our story and what we’ve learnt Top 3 countries
We love you being here wherever you’re from – so this isn’t our favourite countries – but rather the top 3 countries with the highest number of listeners out of the 167 countries we currently have listeners in.
* Third – UAE 6%
* Second – USA 19%
* First – UK 48%
(And just in cast you’re interested the fourth is Australia with India in fifth place.) Kathryn and Julian’s favourites
This was so hard to choose, especially as we decided not to include any interviews in our top 3s (maybe they’re deserving of a separate post) – but here’s three each with a couple of extras thrown in for good measure.
* Episode 3 – The Library in your brain
* Episode 19 - Why use affirmations to manage your mind?
* Episode 31 – 5 mind management techniques for changing your life.
* Episode 43 – What is mindfulness and why you need it?
* Episode 46 - 21 simple tips for mindfulness meditation.
* Episode 56 What is happiness and the neuroscience behind it
Couple of extras
* Episode 85 How to recognise toxic people and relationships
* Episode 89 What does success mean to you 3 of our favourite reviews on iTunes
Very hard to pick 3 out of the 78 we have so far across the different iTunes countries as we obviously love them all. So we can’t really call these our favourites but they are reviews we’ve especially like.
Excellent - iimmmii from United Kingdom
One of the best ‘change your life’ resources I’ve come across. If you like to understand the theory and evidence (be it scientific or anecdotal) behind advice on how to change your life, this material is presented in an engaging way in this podcast. Of course they also make recommendations for how best to go about taking action. A few episodes in and you will feel like you’ve made two new friends who are supporting you on your journey of change. Well done Kathryn and Julian, listening to you makes me proud to be from the same Sceptred Isle!
A Homely Serving Up of Sound Advice/Wisdom - Ola-B. from United Kingdom
Where has this amazing couple been all my life?! :) Love Kathryn, love Julian, and let's not forget Dude!!! Love this podcast - the topics, the delivery of it all...it's simply unique, uplifting and inspiring! Thank you guys!
Kathryn and Julian's chemistry rocks! - LornaLi from United States
I love the concept of this show! It's so unique and refreshing! I absolutely LOVE the hosts' chemistry - their exchanges are such a joy to listen to. Thank you for all the useful tips you provide to your listeners on how to plan and achieve their goals, I'm sure many are reaping so many benefits from this show!
Thank you to you for taking the effort and making our day. By the way – we’d love more reviews. We don’t always ask for them in every episode as it gets tedious for you to listen to – and we want to provide you with a good listening experience. However, reviews are important to us not only because it’s great to find out what you think but it means iTunes makes our show more visible to people looking for podcasts. You know yourself the power of reviews on sites like Tripadvisor and Amazon – so if you feel like helping us out that’s one way to do it. Dude’s top 3
Who’s been with us all through every single episode and every phase of the podcasting process – in fact he’s always with us – Dude the Dog, our faithful hound and black labradoodle.
We’ve joked we have a contractual obligation to mention him in every show – not that we’ve quite done that but he’s had more than his fair share of mentions and even made it onto the show on a few occasions.
So here’s Dude’s top 3 favourite Changeability Podcast moments as chosen by him (woof).
* Episode 83 ‘Self-love Rituals’ – The 10th of our self-love rituals is to have Pet Time. Walk, cuddle, play with or groom your dog or cat or talk to your budgerigar. You might not get this if you don’t have a pet – but if you do have one you’ll know what we mean!
* Episode 63 ‘How to start and finish anything with Tom Boother’ – Dude features in a cameo role when Tom starts talking about Dude and how they met!
* Episode 98 ‘What are habits and why we need them’ – Dude gets his own moment in the spotlight. You’ll have to listen to this episode to know what we mean, or just listen to episode 100 to hear the extract. Our top 3 bloomers
You wont know what we’re talking about here if you’ve never listened right to the end of our shows – but listen to episode 100 to hear 3 of them for your entertainment – and why they’re called Kathryn’s bloomers! 3 lessons we’ve learned from creating 100 episodes of the Changeability Podcast
Here’s just 3 of the many things we’v…