May 24, 2023
Meketa's Steve McCourt & Primark's Michael Bell - Democratizing Private Equity | #482
Today’s guests are Steve McCourt, co-CEO of Meketa Investment Group, an investment consulting and advisory firm serving institutional investors, and Michael Bell, founder of Primark Capital, an investment management firm providing retail investors with access to private equity investment opportunities.
In today’s episode, Steve and Michael discuss their new partnership aimed at expanding access to private equity investments. They walk through the nuts and bolts of the interval fund structure, touching on fees, sourcing institutional quality deals, diversification through vintage and industry, and the benefits of doing this through co-investments. Then we spend some time talking about the current state of private equity and what they’re seeing with both existing investments and new opportunities.
Follow Meb on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
For detailed show notes, click here
To learn more about our funds and follow us, subscribe to our mailing list or visit us at cambriainvestments.com
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Idea Farm. The Idea Farm gives you access to over $100,000 worth of investing research, the kind usually read by only the world’s largest institutions, funds, and money managers. Subscribe for free here.
Follow The Idea Farm: Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Tik Tok
Interested in sponsoring the show? Email us at Feedback@TheMebFaberShow.com
Past guests include Ed Thorp, Richard Thaler, Jeremy Grantham, Joel Greenblatt, Campbell Harvey, Ivy Zelman, Kathryn Kaminski, Jason Calacanis, Whitney Baker, Aswath Damodaran, Howard Marks, Tom Barton, and many more.
Meb's invested in some awesome startups that have passed along discounts to our listeners. Check them out here!
Investors should carefully consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses before investing. This and other information is included in the Fund Prospectus and is available through the Prospectus link on the Primark website: https://primarkcapital.com – Primark Prospectus. Please read the Prospectus carefully.
An investment in the Fund is subject to, among others, the following risks:
* The Fund is not intended as a complete investment program but rather the Fund is designed to help investors diversify into private equity investments.
* The Fund is a “non‑diversified” management investment company registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
* An investment in the Fund involves risk. The Fund is new with no significant operating history by which to evaluate its potential performance. There can be no assurance that the Fund’s strategy will be successful. Shares of the Fund are not listed on any securities exchange, and it is not anticipated that a secondary market for shares will develop.
* Shares are appropriate only for those investors who can tolerate a high degree of risk, and do not require a liquid investment.
* There is no assurance that you will be able to tender your shares when or in the amount that you desire. Although the Fund will offer quarterly liquidity through a quarterly repurchase process, an investor may not be able to sell or otherwise liquidate all their shares tendered during a quarterly repurchase offer. The Fund’s investment in private equity companies is speculative and involve a high degree of risk, including the risk associated with leverage.
Distributor: Foreside Financial Services LLC