In this episode of Waiting on the Trade, guest host Tyler Marifke helps us perform a post-mortem, as we discuss Jed MacKay, Lee Garbett, Antonio Fabela and co.’s The Death of Doctor Strange.
This Month’s Discussion Questions
- Was this a throwback comic?
- Was this book strange enough for you?
- What is your favorite classic Doctor Strange-ism?
Explanations, Observations, and Links of Note
- Send me an email, and maybe I’ll tell you where the one good comic vendor at the Elkhorn Antique Flea Market is located. No promises.
- To confirm: Baron Mordo is the antagonist in four out of the first six Doctor Strange stories. No wonder those dudes dislike each other. (Nightmare appears in the other two; not a very well-rounded initial rogue’s gallery.)
- If you’re somehow lucky enough to not know what a turducken is, you can ruin your life by clicking here.
- And finally, Strange does say “By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth” twice in this book, and I can prove it: 1, 2.
If you liked The Death of Doctor Strange, we think you might also like:
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a comics book club podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can email us at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
You can also find us on:
As always, thanks for listening!