This episode originally aired 4.2.2020 and has been one of our most popular, so with Black Friday around the corner we thought it would be a good time to brush up on what to look for when buying a used lens.
After 2 years in rental rotation, we sell a good deal of our inventory at our sister site, LensAuthority.com. Roger talks with Connie who runs LensAuthority, and Joey, our Senior Photo Tech about what to look out for when buying a used lens, and when not to buy used gear. They discuss some of their favorite lenses that hold up well over time, valuable resources to reference before and after you’ve purchased a used lens, and share their opinions on if glass scratches and dust are considerations you should worry about.
* Referenced in this episode:
* Tamron 35 f/1.4 and f/1.8
* Tamron 45
* The f/4 versions of Canon 24-70
* Tokina f/4 12-24
* Sigma 28 Art is one of the smallest of the Sigma primes
* Sigma 40 Art
* Other Resources
* B&H used
* How to Test a Lens article
* The Lensrentals Podcast is a production of Lensrentals, founded by Roger Cicala. Our production staff includes Drew Cicala, Ryan Hill, Sarah McAlexander, SJ Smith, Julian Harper, John Tucker, and Zach Sutton. Other contributors include Roger Cicala, Joey Miller, Ally Aycock Patterson, Joshua Richardson, and Philip Robertson.
* You made it this far so here, get a discount off your next rental!
* Let’s keep this conversation going! Leave a comment on our voicemail at 901-609-LENS or shoot us a question at: email@example.com
* Read our blog
* Dance with us on TikTok
* Win our #mylensrental monthly contest on Instagram
* Follow us on Facebook
* Send us pictures of your cat on Twitter