by John Cortright
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks! This is God’s will for us – give thanks in everything. We have so much to be thankful for. Even, in what might seem to be terrible circumstances, we are told to give thanks in everything. What are you looking at? Where is your focus? Remember God. Do not forget who He is. Do not forget all His benefits. Remember all He has done, praise Him, and give thanks.
Deuteronomy 8:7-18 They were warned. “Beware” that you do not forget.
Romans 1:20-22 They did not honor God or give thanks. Their foolish heart
Ten things you can always be thankful for any day, anytime, anywhere!
1. Be thankful to God for who He is. 1 Chr 29:10-13
2. Be Thankful to God for His holy name. Heb 13:15; Ps 18:49; 30:4; 44:8; 54:6; 69:30
3. Be thankful for the lovingkindness of Yahweh. 1 Chr 16:34
4. Be thankful for His wonders! Ps 9:1; 26:7; 75:1; 107:8; Is 25:1 Psalm 136:1ff
5. Be thankful to God for His word, for His righteous commandments. Ps 119:6-7, 62; 138:1-4
6. Be thankful that we’ve been freed from sin. Ro 6:17-18
7. Be thankful to God for His salvation. Ps 118:21; Jon 2:9; 2 Thes 2:13
8. Be thankful for each other in Christ. 2 Thes 1:3
9. Be thankful for the victory we have in Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 15:57
10. Be thankful for the blood and body of Christ shed on our behalf. Lk 22:17, 19
1 Corinthians 11:24
And when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."