442: Sextortion Scam Security for Naive Nudes | Feedback Friday
In a momentary lapse of your usual good sense, you naïvely provided nude selfies to someone on a dating app, and now they're trying to extort a ransom from you. If you don't pay up, they've threatened to share said nude selfies with your family, friends, and employer. Now what can you do? We examine your solution for this quandary and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/442 On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
* A sextortionist is threatening to send your nude selfies to family, friends, and employer if you don't pay up! Now what?
* You've always found it easier to make friends with women, but you're married and it seems inappropriate. What can you do to better relate to other men and strike up friendships with them when it always seems like an awkward, fruitless effort?
* You're proud to work for a company that rallies around racial equity, LGBTQ+, and mental health awareness. But you feel pressured to add hashtags and pronouns to your email closing in order to signal support, which just feels performative and icky -- because you believe action should precede speech. Are you being unreasonable?
* Even though you landed your dream job in February, the drudgery of working from home every day since the pandemic started has worn down whatever motivation you once had to stay in physical and mental shape. How can you climb out of the funk of feeling bad about your situation and not wanting to do anything about it?
* You've been getting Spanish lessons through Fiverr, and you're at the awkward stage between being able to hold a fluid conversation and knowing most of the stuff covered in basic lessons. What can you do to make further progress on your language learning from here?
* Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
* Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
* Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!