Lead Through Strengths – StrengthsFinder
Lead Through Strengths with Lisa Cummings: leading teams & building work culture with Clifton StrengthsFinder & natural talents.
The "Lead Through Strengths" podcast was created for you if you're ready to stop taking the "path of most resistance" at work. Many episodes are educational snippets from Q&A with our corporate teams. They're usually questions we get in our StrengthsFinder corporate training sessions.
As of 2019, over 21 Million people have taken the CliftonStrengths assessment.
It sounds silly, yet it happens all the time when people get focused on fixing their weaknesses. It doesn't have to be so hard. Stop focusing on what's broken about you. Lisa Cummings, the host, is a Gallup Certified Strengths Performance Coach, so she brings you a wealth of corporate wisdom, combined with Gallup research.
You'll learn how to find your strengths and put them to work. If you manage a team, you'll hear ideas for leading your so your colleagues can come to work feeling more energized and engaged.
If you're ready to get your career mojo back, Lisa Cummings delivers it with straight talk and a fun-loving approach.
We publish by season.
Season 1: Career Q&A
Season 2: Strengths Interviews
Season 3: StrengthsFinder Q&A (also known as CliftonStrengths assessment)
Season 4: Team Building 12 Week Strengths Challenge
Season 5: One StrengthsFinder Talent Theme Per Week: Career Branding Adjectives for your personal brand, red flag situations for that talent theme, and action items to put that talent to use
There's a lot of confusion about the name of the assessment because it is difficult to spell (or put the singular/plural in the right spot), and it has changed names. All of these are the same survey tool: StrengthsFinder 2.0, StrengthsFinders, StrengthFinders, StrengthFinder, StrengthsFinder, Clifton Strengths, CliftonStrengths, Clifton StrengthsFinder.
Despite the difficulty with the word, the content all points to Strengths Based Development and leadership using StrengthsFinder with your team.
In addition: here are some hot topic areas covered by audience questions so far:
- Getting promoted;
- Discovering your strengths;
- Differentiating yourself;
- Ccoaching and feedback;
- Marketing, branding, and promoting yourself;
- Getting unstuck;
- Developing your direct reports;
- Noticing what works on your team;
- Connecting and networking;
- Personal leadership;
- Politics and perceptions at the office;
- Getting viewed as an A player;
- Building trust and influence at work or in your industry;
- Being a people-leader that you want to be, even when you're short on time;
- How to get your creative mojo back;
- Understanding how your EQ (emotional intelligence) is more important than your IQ at work;
- Stuff you didn't learn in business school that's hurting your career;
Getting unstuck and un-trapped; and
- Being a better leader