Dr. Adi Jaffee, author of “The Abstinence Myth” and nationally recognized expert on mental health, addiction, relationships and shame joins the podcast to discuss the ways we handle the labels that are bestowed upon us by society, and how we can break free from them while embracing our unique journeys. This powerful episode touches deep topics of shame, addiction, system injustices, and, as always, financial freedom. If you are struggling, or have struggled in the past, you need to listen to this episode.
In this episode we share:
- How we internalize the labels we are given from birth and how they affect us throughout our lives
- The negative impacts of covering up our shame and lived-experience
- The power of perception and expectations
- Breaking free from limiting beliefs + more
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to the Learn to Trade As A Side Hustle To Reach Your Financial & Life Goals FREE Audio Training with Teri Ijeoma by clicking here.
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 34 days trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Adi:
Connect with me: