EP 285: How to Stop Worrying About the People You Love with Lara
This call is about letting go of worry and anxiety. Today’s caller, Lara, has a lot of worry and anxiety when it comes to her kids. She would like guidance on how to tame it and not have it impact her children. When we let worry get the best of us, not only are we raising cortisol levels in our bodies, which is bad for our health, but we are moving out of our resourced state where we have access to intellect and intuition.
[For show notes, go here: Christinehassler.com/episode285]
When we have a lot of worry and anxiety, it doesn’t do us any good. We become good at imagining worst-case scenarios but the heightened sense of anxiety puts us in the amygdala part of our brain — the fight, flight, freeze, or fawn. When we are in that part of our brain, we are not thinking clearly; we are not well resourced. When it comes to keeping ourselves safe and protecting ourselves, being prepared allows us to relax because we have a plan in place.
We need to learn to channel the worry into something else — into being productive, being prepared, or deepening our spiritual practice.
There is a certainty we get from physical world reality, control, and from seeing things. And, there is a certainty we get from faith. Unfortunately, for most of us, our certainty muscle is based on control. That muscle is much stronger than our faith muscle. Having faith in the universe, higher power, God, or whatever resonates with you, is key in letting go of anxiety and letting go of attachment. Because if there is not something bigger than you that you trust, you will always be addicted to control. You will feel like you have to have your hands on the steering wheel of life at all times. It will be hard to let go. This is why surrender is important.
Surrender isn’t about giving up. It is about letting go. It’s about relaxing into the knowing that there is a higher power taking care of you and taking care of the people you love.
Join Stefanos and me for our 3-day virtual Inner Child Workshop. It’s not about working on yourself. It’s about connecting to your little one and letting go of some things you have been carrying around. We can help you bring your little one into their future, which is your present, and help them feel loved and safe. Don’t let money be an issue, we have scholarships! ChristineHassler.com/innerchild or email Jill@ChristineHassler.com — March 19–21, 2021
We are creating a Relationship Retreat. It will be a 3-day virtual event. Get on the interest list to find out more and receive the early bird discount at ChristineHassler.com/relationshipsupport.
* Do you love people so much you just want to hang on to them tightly and often control what they’re doing?
* Do you worry about the people in your life and you feel better when they’re in your sight? Do you have a hard time letting them go?
* Are you a parent who is struggling with the balance of giving your kids freedom, not wanting to project your anxiety on them, but also worrying if you don’t, something bad is going to happen?
* As a child did you feel safe? Did you feel like all your needs were met? Did you feel like you had a parent that made you feel calm and resourced or do you have more of an anxious-attachment style?
Lara feels stuck in a cycle of anxiety and does not want it to negatively impact her children.
Lara’s Key Insights and Ahas:
* She has anxiety.
* She tends to control situations.
* Her children are becoming independent.
* She had chaos in her childhood.
* Her mother was the nervous type.
* She worries and does not trust that things will be OK.
* She has an anxious attachment style with her children.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
* Trust and have faith that her children are protected.
* Join the Inner Child Workshop.
* Allow her mother’s intuition to guide her actions.
* Greet her anxiety with love and remember it is just her inner child.
* Start a meditation and mindfulness practice.
Takeaways For You:
* Make your inner child feel safe. Let them know you are there for them.
* Trust your intuition.
ShipStation — The solution for online businesses and individuals who want to ship things without leaving home. ShipStation software tracks all of your shipments in one easy-to-use interface. Over and On With It listeners can try ShipStation for free for 60-days by using the offer code 'OVERIT'. Go to ShipStation.com and click on the microphone at the top of the page to let Shipstation help your business grow and thrive.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community
Christine Hassler Podcasts Including Coaches Corner
Christine on Facebook
Expectation Hangover, by Christine Hassler
@ChristinHassler on Twitter
@ChristineHassler on Instagram
@SacredUnionCouples on Instagram
Jill@ChristineHassler.com — For information on any of my services.
Get on the Waitlist to be coached on the show
Get on the list to be notified about the upcoming certification program for coaches.