As professional working moms who are busy, we all sacrifice sleep in order to get more things done. Many of us battle with how to get quality sleep. Host, Dr. Rupa Wong, physician and working mom to 3 kids is joined by sleep specialist Dr. Shelby Harris in this week's episode. They discuss:
- What consitutes good sleep health and why it matters
- Indicators that you aren't getting enough sleep
- How sleep and poor sleep habits affect women
- Methods for treating sleep problems
- Things you can do each day to optimize the sleep you are getting
- Getting rid of the stigma for seeking help for sleep
Dr. Shelby Harris is a clinical psychologist in private practice in NYC and is board certified in behavioral sleep medicine. She treats a wide variety of sleep, anxiety and depression issues using evidence-based, non-medication treatment. Before going Tinto private practice, she was the longstanding director of the Behavioral Sleep medicine Program at the Sleep-Wake disorders center at montefiore medical center. Dr. Harris has been an invited columnist for the New York Times and is frequently quoted in the media including The New Yorker and Washington Post, as well as appearing on the Today show, good morning America and CBS Mornings.
Dr. Harris is on:
Get her book: "The Women's Guide to Overcoming Insomnia: Get a Good Night's Sleep Without Relying on Medication"
2 sleep apps discussed in the episode:
Topics for upcoming episodes? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Youtube: Doctor Mom Vlogs