Eric Martinez is the CEO of Modjoul, a national company that creates wearable technology to keep employees safe. His interest in workplace safety and productivity led him to start this innovative company.
Eric is a mechanical engineer, and he chose the topic of Challenge.
- Learn the business from the ground up.
- Always be curious and don’t let the embarrassment of asking a question get in the way.
- Building close relationships with your peers can be invaluable when seeking a promotion.
- “There is always a time where someone will need you to speak up and say “Hey, this is a problem”.”
- “If you settle on a solution too early you may not get to the complete truth. Openness and transparency lead to problem solving and getting to the right answer.”
- “Sometimes it’s your peers who get you promoted first. Then, your boss hears those praises from where you've supported them and that propels you into the next position.”