Everyone has someone in their life that they hope comes to know our loving God. Who is that for you? In today’s episode of God Hears Her, Elisa and Eryn compile a list of faith-sharing tips that can guide us through conversations with those on our “Most Wanted List”—those we most want to know Jesus. Join along and hear how God can use us as a voice for Him.
Notes and Quotes:
- Make a “Most Wanted List”: A list of people you most want to come to know the God you love.
- “There is somebody in everybody’s mind that they wish would come to know the God they love.”
- People who don’t know Jesus think of people who do know Jesus as hypocritical, judgmental, or too political.
- “A really big reason I don’t talk about Jesus that much is because I’m afraid I am going to get it wrong.”
- “You really can’t argue with a story. So if we can be as confident in our story (that involves our faith and God) as someone is with their story, then we don’t need to apologize for who God is. We can simply share who He has been to us.”
- Faith Sharing Tips: Know what your story is, know how to tell your story, know how to ask other people about their story, know how to explain beyond the jargon of our faith, share through your actions, pray.
- Understand that Jesus “has” the person you love. The timing and end result may not be the same as you want, but He has them.
- Trust and believe that God will provide the words when you are trying to share about Him.
- “In the end we do our own work by trusting that God has this.”
Links/Books/Resources Mentioned In Show: