In this episode Eric Hughey, founder and host of the GenWhy Leaders Podcast, revisits the mission of the podcast for the 50th episode.
The podcast’s Why:
We set off on a mission to record 100 episodes to guide millennials to become the next generation of business leaders and entrepreneurs. There are two trends that led us to want to help:
- There is an abundance of focus on consumption and consumerism of GenZ, and not as much on leadership development of Millennials.
- The silver tsunami: 10,000 baby boomers are retiring every single day from now through the mid 2030’s. This will create a ton of opportunity for millennials in the corporate and entrepreneurial sector.
Three key points about the corporate sector:
- There will be a ton of opportunity for advancement within the corporate sector because of the void that will be created at the leadership level when 10,000 baby boomers are retiring on a daily basis.
- Succession planning within the corporate sector is not occurring between baby boomers and millennials. There needs to be a more concentrated focus on this.
- Considering the two above points, managerial and leadership styles will also play an important role. For example, autonomy in a work schedule is needed. Empathy will also play an important role, as the line between work life and personal life may now be completely gone after the long term effects of COVID-19.
Three key points about entrepreneurship:
- Millennials are a purpose-driven generation
- There is opportunity to buy a business
- Education in marketing and technology is needed
Check us out: