Eric’s Why:My why is to use the spiritual gifts I have been blessed with to glorify God, and lead others to him by encouraging them in their personal and professional lives. I want to inspire others to overcome fear, go after their dreams, and live the life they’ve always imagined.
Part 1 Overview:
What is podcasting?Recording a spoken audio file with one or more people on a specific topic, and broadcasting that audio file to a niche audience of the topic via the internet.
Reasons why you should start a podcast.
- Barrier for entry is low
- $0 start-up fee
- Can be a business, or a branding tool
- Aligns with content marketing efforts
- Highly concentrated target audiences
- Multiple revenue streams
- Networking opportunities
How to start a podcast.
- Use a standard VoiceRecorder app on your phone
- When in doubt, pick a topic of that topic
- Know your why. This will keep you motivated as your listenership grows in the first year.
- Pick a topic
- Record between 5 minutes and 45 minutes
- Edit recording down to vital information
- Publish file on the internet with a host like iTunes or Spotify to distribute it to your respective audience
- Create social media channels to leverage your audience and drive more traffic to your podcast
Connect with Eric on LinkedIn by clicking here.