Psychiatry is about as damning a pathology as you can imagine. You’re dealing with patients suffering from depression, anxiety, and PTSD brought on by unthinkable trauma.
But for Dr. Michael Massa, it’s a calling that brings immense fulfillment. Dr. Massa has treated veterans and the underserved around the world enabling them to live their lives to the fullest. In this episode, I talk with him about:
- Finding fulfillment and purpose in medicine
- Getting knighted by the Vatican and working in a Catholic convent in Jordan
- Treating veterans with the Wounded Warrior Project
- Approaching treatments for patients with PTSD
- The psychological trauma of COVID-19
Heroes of Healthcare is hosted by .
To hear this interview and more like it, subscribe to Heroes of Healthcare on , , or wherever you listen to podcasts.