How much of your healthcare can you trust to a computer?
Turns out, it’s probably more than you think.
Health informatics play a critical role in everything from diagnosis to decision-making.
In this episode, I chat with , Chief Medical Informatics Officer at and Clinical Professor at in the , about the past, present, and future of informatics in healthcare.
What we talked about:
- The history of computers in medicine
- How informatics can help diagnose disease
- How to harness data effectively to support better healthcare outcomes
- The role of informatics in reducing medical error through advanced decision-support
- How pandemics like COVID-19 underscore the need for more efficient data sharing
Heroes of Healthcare is hosted by .
To hear this interview and more like it, subscribe to Heroes of Healthcare on , , or wherever you listen to podcasts.