Unmet need is a huge driver in the development of oncology treatments. But when it comes to choosing the therapies that “make the cut,” it’s not that simple.
What are the risks involved? Where has efficacy been demonstrated in the treatment area and type? And the timeless question: who’s paying for it?
Here are the show highlights:
- Who are the players and decision-makers developing therapies? (3:18)
- How developers decide which therapies to pursue (15:34)
- How the element of risk complicates the goal of pursuing unmet needs (28:20)
- Pipeline activity, precision oncology, and more trends in biotech (34:24)
- Why we’ll see more “engineering of biology” in the next 5-10 years (39:28)
Check out these resources mentioned during the podcast: