Interview with J.R. Sloan, CIO at the State of Arizona
Part I of today's episode we cover:
- How leaders get hybrid wrong (and what to do about it)
- How J.R. & team are helping to foster a hybrid model that brings the best of his team to be more purposeful, productive, agile, and flexible.
- We talk about the difference between the Jobs and Tasks across J.R.'s team in a hybrid model.
- According to Microsoft, there's a survey that says that 40% of employees are thinking of quitting their jobs (click here). The survey highlighted seven major trends (which we cover below).
- Flexible work is here to stay
- Leaders are out of touch with employees and need a wake-up call
- High productivity is masking an exhausted workforce
- Gen Z is at risk and will need to be re-energized
- Shrinking networks are endangering innovation
- Authenticity will spur productivity and wellbeing
- Talent is everywhere in a hybrid world
My conversation with J.R. was inspired by a timely article from the Harvard Business Review - How to Do Hybrid Right: When designing flexible work arrangements, focus on individual human concerns, not just institutional ones.