* Patreon Contest - Which Magic card has the most metal name? You could win a Kaldheim collector’s booster.
* We’re streaming with patrons most Thursdays now, so watch out for the message on slack to sign up to be eligible for that week.
* Ryan - @greenegeek
* Zack - @z4ck38
* Together - @commandersocial
* You can find us on Twitter
* SOCIALSHIP - free shipping on orders of $50 or more
* SOCIAL10 - 10% off in stock MTG singles
* Thursday nights come play at mothership!
* Our LGS has setup an online store!
* @MothershipGames - 2:43
* Ep 84 Community Spotlight:
* What is a warm blanket card?
* Pretty much a reactionary card that can save your bacon. These will be at instant speed for the most part.
* There’s nothing quite like that feeling when you’re holding one of these cards. Yeah, things can still go wrong for you, and yes counterspells exist, but knowing that you’ve got a plan for whatever comes you way, brings me a warm snuggly type feeling.
* These types of cards are one of the big reasons I like playing at instant speed
* Running a lot of these cards can bog your deck down, and they aren’t often great in aggro style decks. You want to make sure you don’t go too far overboard with these, because you can be left with a deck that “can’t loose” but doesn’t really have a “plan to win” and some folks don’t enjoy playing against decks like that.
* Ways to protect your board, or protect your combo could go here as well.
* One of the benefits of cards like this is that you only use them when you need to.
* This is kinda the other side of the boardwipe coin. Basically, most boardwipes, you have to divine your opponent’s intentions, and go ahead and use them if the board is getting a little bit messy, or if you’re in a meta with a bunch of “wild cards”. With these types of cards, you only use them when you’re being attacked.
* If you’re known for playing cards like this, people may less often attack into you when you’ve got open mana. This is pure gravy when you have other things you can do with your mana at instant speed, like say cast a stunt double, or activate Kenrith, the Returned King. Vedalken Orrery is a good card for a reason.
* Often times, these cards can catch opponents unaware, and really leave them open for business
* Building a reputation for “Always having an answer”
* Teferi’s Protection
* Swords to Plowshares/Path to Exile
* Selfless Squire
* Reverse Damage
* Honorable Passage
* Eye for an Eye
* Selfless Spirit
* Illusionist’s Gambit
* Cyclonic Rift
* Sudden Spoiling
* Imp’s Mischief
* Chaos Warp
* Tibalt’s Trickery
* Sneak Attack
* Constant Mists
* Spike Weaver + Genesis in your graveyard
* Obscuring Haze
* Crop Rotation + Maze of Ith
* Deflecting Palm
* Ice-Fang Coatl
* Trading Post
* Nuisance Engine
* Maze of Ith
* Kor Haven
* Kher Keep
* Glacial Chasm
* Main Topic - Warm Blankets
* Summary - Are you a warm blanket enthusiast? Do you prefer to forgo stuff like this for more aggressive potential? What are some of your favorite blankets?
* Keep it Social!
* Komiku - Battle of Pogs
* Zack Gets it Together Theme
* Consider becoming a Patron: https://www.patreon.com/commandersocial
* You can check us out at commandersocial.com
* YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/CommanderSocial
* You can email us directly at email@example.com
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/commandersocial
* On twitter @commandersocial
* Ryan individually @greenegeek
* Zack individually @z4ck38
* Contact Info
* © Copyright 2021 Leaky Dinghy, LLC