How MDHS is transforming the patient experience to deliver better health outcomes to their community
In our latest ‘How They Did It’ episode we speak with Maryborough District Health Service (MDHS)’s CEO, Nickola Allan, and Director of Infrastructure, Technology & Experience and Deputy CEO, David Edwards. An exciting new era for healthcare in the Maryborough community, Nickola and David have recently led MDHS through a period of significant organisational change, while overseeing a $100 million redevelopment project, due for completion in 2025.
• The approach the MDHS team took to understand patient and carer’s experiences, and the simple fixes that are making a big difference to ‘change the healthcare story’ at Maryborough Hospital and in the community
• Using the mantra of “appropriate care, appropriate place” to innovate new solutions for primary care patients
• The importance of customer service in the health industry and consistency in providing care and kindness to community members
• The strategic steps David & Nickola took to enhance staff experience and wellbeing in the wake of Covid-19
• Advice for leaders tackling organisational change, and the necessity of investing in your people and taking risks in innovation
As CEO of MDHS, Nickola Allan is excited to be playing a leading role in changing the healthcare story for communities in regional Victoria. With more than 20 years’ experience in public health in both metropolitan and rural health services, she has developed expertise in patient safety, risk management and improving outcomes and systems to keep abreast of changing demographics, environments, and technology.
A strategic leader in regional health, David Edwards is committed to finding new and innovative ways to use patient, client, and staff experience stories to drive change in clinical and non-clinical systems. His current role provides him with the opportunity to deliver large scale transformation through consumer and employee collaboration, using experience-driven systems, co-design, and data to provide unique insights and drive improvement in health services and infrastructure.
Follow Nickola: linkedin.com/in/nickola-allan-3001aaa5
Follow David: linkedin.com/in/david-edwards-72bb50110
Follow us: www.linkedin.com/company/naked-ambition