Squirrel tells the story of the most painful manual testing experience he's ever been part of, and we discuss the value of manual testing, how humans differ from machines, and approaches to application verification that don't involve torture.
- Cockburn's "Characterizing people as non-linear 1st order components in software development":
- The Unicorn Project: https://itrevolution.com/the-unicorn-project/
- Testing vs Checking: https://www.satisfice.com/blog/archives/856
- Exploratory testing: https://www.satisfice.com/exploratory-testing
- Explore It!: https://pragprog.com/book/ehxta/explore-it
- CITCON: https://citconf.com/
- CruiseControl: http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/
Our new book, Agile Conversations, will be out in May 2020! See https://conversationaltransformation.com where you can pre-order!
New video of us at the Las Vegas Devops Enterprise Summit 2019 is now available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMT_Tqzf_vc
We'd love to hear any thoughts, ideas, or feedback you have about the show.
Email us: see link on troubleshootingagile.com
Tweet us: twitter.com/TShootingAgile
Also, if you'd like to leave us a review on iTunes (or just like and subscribe), you'll find us here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/troubleshooting-agile/id1327456890?mt=2