We conclude our conversation with Ryan Singer, Head of Strategy at Basecamp and author of Shape Up, by asking him how the team functions without requiring code reviews or QA checks. Then he goes on to describe in detail their "hill" metaphor for progress measurement and why this method provides a useful narrative that goes way beyond sprint duration or story points.
- Shape Up: https://basecamp.com/shapeup/?ref=df
- Daring Fireball intro to Shape Up: https://daringfireball.net/linked/2019/08/04/shape-up
- Extreme Programming Explained: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extreme-Programming-Explained-Embrace-Change/dp/0321278658
- Feature Factory: https://cutle.fish/blog/12-signs-youre-working-in-a-feature-factory
- Petition the King: https://ronjeffries.com/xprog/articles/petitiontheking/
- Art of Action: http://www.stephenbungay.com/Books.ink
We'd love to hear any thoughts, ideas, or feedback you have about the show.
Email us: see link on troubleshootingagile.com
Tweet us: twitter.com/TShootingAgile
Also, if you'd like to leave us a review on iTunes (or just like and subscribe), you'll find us here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/troubleshooting-agile/id1327456890?mt=2