We start our conversation with Ryan Singer, Head of Strategy at Basecamp, by asking him to help us understand how their Shape Up process works and how they developed it. He explains how the fear of not shipping drove their movement to frequent delivery of carefully designed (or "shaped") features, why their teams avoid single-page apps to ensure designers can make the maximum contribution, and why they have neither front-end devs nor back-end specialists.
- Shape Up: https://basecamp.com/shapeup/?ref=df
- Daring Fireball intro to Shape Up: https://daringfireball.net/linked/2019/08/04/shape-up
- Extreme Programming Explained: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extreme-Programming-Explained-Embrace-Change/dp/0321278658
- Feature Factory: https://cutle.fish/blog/12-signs-youre-working-in-a-feature-factory
- Petition the King: https://ronjeffries.com/xprog/articles/petitiontheking/
- Art of Action: http://www.stephenbungay.com/Books.ink
We'd love to hear any thoughts, ideas, or feedback you have about the show.
Email us: see link on troubleshootingagile.com
Tweet us: twitter.com/TShootingAgile
Also, if you'd like to leave us a review on iTunes (or just like and subscribe), you'll find us here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/troubleshooting-agile/id1327456890?mt=2