Due to illness and travel, Jeffrey and Squirrel present one of their greatest hits of the past!
Squirrel and Jeffrey look at a recent article by Luke Tomas on the "employee engagement industry" (we didn't even know it *was* an industry!) Jeffrey rapidly links this to Brian Marick's idea of Ease and Joy at work and we all agree that engagement, happiness, and joy are all useful, but lagging, indicators of team success - so you can't improve them directly with bigger bonuses or tougher objectives. Instead alignment, focus, and autonomy work to create these results by creating the conditions for happiness and good performance.
- Luke Tomas, The Employee Engagement Myth: medium.com/@lukethomas14/the-e…t-myth-3885526782d7
- Brian Marick, Ease and Joy at Work: exampler.com/ease-and-joy/
- Previous episode on technical excellence: Troubleshootingagile – Fowlers-state-of-agile-part-two
- Reinventing Organisations (Teal and other colours): www.reinventingorganizations.com/
- Theory X and Theory Y: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_X_and_Theory_Y
- Daniel Pink, Drive (video): www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc
- Niko Niko: www.agilealliance.org/glossary/nikoniko/
- Small Improvements: www.small-improvements.com/
- Joy, Inc : www.menloinnovations.com/joyinc/
- Joy At Work: www.dennisbakke.com/joy-at-work
We'd love to hear any thoughts, ideas, or feedback you have about the show.
Email us: see link on troubleshootingagile.com
Tweet us: twitter.com/TShootingAgile
Also, if you'd like to leave us a review on iTunes (or just like and subscribe), you'll find us here: itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/troub…d1327456890?mt=2