This week, Jeffrey and Squirrel help a listener with the role of design and architecture in an agile team. The answer involves arcane-sounding but fun concepts like elephant carpaccio, evolutionary design, and YAGNI.
- YAGNI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_aren%27t_gonna_need_it
- Elephant Carpaccio: http://alistair.cockburn.us/elephant+carpaccio
- Evolutionary Design: https://martinfowler.com/tags/evolutionary%20design.html
- XP Explained: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/extreme-programming-explained-kent-beck/1119347147
- GOOS book: http://www.growing-object-oriented-software.com/
- Sprint zero: https://www.frontrowagile.com/blog/posts/125-sprint-zero-for-product-owners
- Trim the tail and order by risk: http://alistair.cockburn.us/Design+as+Knowledge+Acquisition
- Up-front design in a previous episode: https://soundcloud.com/troubleshootingagile/enhancing-agility-through-technical-excellence-and-good-design
We'd love to hear any thoughts, ideas or feedback you have regarding the show.
Email us: see link on troubleshootingagile.com
Tweet us: twitter.com/TShootingAgile
Also, if you'd like to leave us a review on iTunes (or just like and subscribe), you'll find us here: itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/troub…d1327456890?mt=2