“Be teachable and never be afraid to be curious and ask questions when you don’t understand something.”
In episode 85 of #TDLS, I’m stoked to sit down with Diane Gibbs of The Design Recharge Show. She has been a designer for over 20 years and entrepreneur since 2002. She has been a design professor since 2003 teaching the next generation of designers and illustrators. Professionally, diane has won over 24 national and international design awards. She coaches creative solopreneurs from all over the world.
Diane is a genius at connecting with others and is known for pairing every new contact she meets with someone from her brain’s rolodex who can help them. She has helped numerous businesses niche down and clarify their audience. She has been a guest on numerous podcasts, and has been a speaker and facilitated workshops at national conferences. In this episode, we talk about:
- Her design life stories from ground up
- Why challenging yourself is very important to keep moving forward
- How being curious can be your best asset to build an amazing business
- The importance of having a “I can do” it mindset or attitude.
- How to start your own business by making lives better for others
- How to make yourself better on pricing (hint: cost of doing business)
- And a lot lot more...
You can check her amazing contents by visiting www.rechargingyou.com. If you think this was a great episode, please let Diane know by following her on @designrecharge (twitter, fb, IG).
Here is the Jim Carey video Diane mentioned in the episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLgHNu2N3JU
Join my slack community of accountable & passionate creatives by visiting jaychristteves.com/community
FREE Ultimate Guide on creating & growing your own Podcast even if you have ZERO knowledge or prior experience just visit jaychristteves.com/podcasting-for-creatives
Visit the podcast now at thedesignlifeshow.com to get all the episodes 100% FREE.
Have a question in mind? Submit your question to be answered on the podcast. Send your questions (at least 2-minute audio clip) at email@example.com
There are a ton of people asking me on how to support this podcast so here’s how:
1. You can leave a review on Apple Podcasts so in that way you can help me to reach more people and make the podcast more discoverable within the ecosystem
2. You can take a screenshot of this podcast and share it with your friends, colleagues or to anyone that might be interested in this kind of content
3. You can support the podcast monetarily by visiting jaychristteves.com/donate or patreon.com/TDLS
4. Shop courses and tools online to design the life you really deserve by visiting shop.jaychristteves.com. You can book a call today. I don’t bite!
5. By listening to all the podcast episodes. However if you support my message, that’s more than enough and it means the world to me. So, thank you!
The podcast is available on any of your favorite podcasting apps including:
Apple Podcasts: https://goo.gl/b74xuR
Google Podcasts: https://goo.gl/GqpQhF
Alexa Podcast: Just say "Alexa, play The Design Life Show on Apple Podcasts”