Episode 53: Sean Hinton (pt 1) The Story of becoming the Knight of Baha'u'llah for Mongolia
Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode, I'm joined by Sean Hinton, the very first Baha'i to ever go to Mongolia, and therefore be given the title 'Knight of Baha'u'llah' (which you can learn more about in a link below). Sean currently lives in Oxford, England with his family. He trained as a musician, but he's had an extremely varied and interesting career, and life for that matter! I wanted Sean to share the story of how he ended up being the first Baha'i to go to Mongolia, so stop what you're doing and listen to his fascinating story!
To find out more about some of the things we covered in this episode, check out the following:
* What's a Knight of Baha'u'llah?: https://bit.ly/2YE1hBS
* Shoghi Effendi: https://bit.ly/3hBHlHl
* The 10 Year Crusade: https://bit.ly/3jmge3D
* Sean mentions his friend Adam Roberts' grandparents, John Robarts (https://bit.ly/2Eq3biZ) and Audrey Robarts (https://bit.ly/3hzyshu).
* Baha'i pilgrimage: https://bit.ly/2EDykz8
* The Universal House of Justice: https://bit.ly/2YIGT2N
* Mr. Ian Semple: https://bit.ly/3jlZl9k
* Baha’i World Centre (http://www.bwc.org/), and you may find this article interesting: https://bit.ly/3b3VkmR
* Amatu’l-Baha Ruhiyyih Khanum: https://bit.ly/34DYRHj
* 19 Day Feast: https://bit.ly/34IfqBY
* Sean shares quote:
"Whoso reciteth, in the privacy of his chamber, the verses revealed by God, the scattering angels of the Almighty shall scatter abroad the fragrance of the words uttered by his mouth, and shall cause the heart of every righteous man to throb. Though he may, at first, remain unaware of its effect, yet the virtue of the grace vouchsafed unto him must needs sooner or later exercise its influence upon his soul. Thus have the mysteries of the Revelation of God been decreed by virtue of the Will of Him Who is the Source of power and wisdom." -Baha'u'llah
* The Hidden Words of Baha'u'llah: https://bit.ly/3lsDA9q
* The Seven Valleys by Baha'u'llah (https://bit.ly/2YoZ36p), which you can also learn about here: https://bit.ly/3hC6XUH
* Hands of the Cause: https://bit.ly/2EATuOD
* Enoch Olinga: https://bit.ly/3hAANZN
* Sean shares quote:
"Work done in the spirit of service is the highest form of worship…" -Abdu'l-Baha
Be sure to subscribe to the Baha’i Blogcast for more episodes on:
* YouTube: http://bit.ly/2JTNmBO
* iTunes: http://apple.co/2leHPHL
* Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/bahaiblogcast
* Spotify: http://spoti.fi/2IXRAnb
If you would like to find out more about the Baha'i Faith visit BAHAI.ORG, and for more great Baha'i-inspired content, check out BAHAIBLOG.NET: http://bahaiblog.net/
Thanks for listening!