Jan 13, 2022
Episode 73: Elena Mustakova
Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode I interview Dr. Elena Mustakova, an educator, social scientist and integral psychologist who believes that psychological and spiritual health are inseparable. We talk about why individuals betray themselves, and the relationship between the individual and their environment. We discuss fear, the potential pitfalls of ideology, the interdependent world we live in, sacred activism, and the difference between spirituality, religion and collective consciousness. I'm sure you'll enjoy this conversation as much as I did!
Watch the video of the interview here: https://bit.ly/3I19DrF
Find out more about some of the things we mentioned and covered below:
* Check out the podcast series called "Ambassador to Humanity": https://bit.ly/33phpwG
* The Bab: https://www.bahai.org/the-bab/
* Baha'u'llah: https://www.bahai.org/bahaullah/
* Abdu'l-Baha: https://www.bahai.org/abdul-baha/
* Shoghi Effendi: https://bit.ly/3rCOeNM
* The Universal House of Justice: https://bit.ly/3mgH0wN
Find out more about Elena Mustakova here:
- Website: https://www.elenamustakova.net/
- Website: https://globalsocialhealth.org/en/home/
- Youtube: https://bit.ly/3K8FwR7
* BOOK: Global Unitive Healing: Integral Skills for Personal and Collective Transformation: https://amzn.to/3COXOBO
"We cannot segregate the human heart from the environment outside us and say that once one of these is reformed everything will be improved. Man is organic with the world. His inner life moulds the environment and is itself also deeply affected by it. The one acts upon the other and every abiding change in the life of man is the result of these mutual reactions."
(Letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi, To an individual believer, 17 February 1933)
"All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter."
"A mighty force, a consummate power lieth concealed in the world of being. Fix your gaze upon it and upon its unifying influence, and not upon the differences which appear from it."
* Meaningful and Distinctive Conversations: https://bit.ly/31VLH9Q
* Study Circles & Ruhi books: https://www.ruhi.org/materials/list.php
* Elena shares this prayer by Baha'u'llah:
"Create in me a pure heart, O my God, and renew a tranquil conscience within me, O my Hope! Through the spirit of power confirm Thou me in Thy Cause, O my Best-Beloved, and by the light of Thy glory reveal unto me Thy path, O Thou the Goal of my desire! Through the power of Thy transcendent might lift me up unto the heaven of Thy holiness, O Source of my being, and by the breezes of Thine eternity gladden me, O Thou Who art my God! Let Thine everlasting melodies breathe tranquillity on me, O my Companion, and let the riches of Thine ancient countenance deliver me from all except Thee, O my Master, and let the tidings of the revelation of Thine incorruptible Essence bring me joy, O Thou Who art the most manifest of the manifest and the most hidden of the hidden!"
Be sure to subscribe to the Baha’i Blogcast for more episodes on:
* YouTube: http://bit.ly/2JTNmBO
* iTunes: http://apple.co/2leHPHL
* Soundcloud: https://bit.ly/30dX0G4
* Spotify: http://spoti.fi/2IXRAnb
If you would like to find out more about the Baha'i Faith visit BAHAI.ORG, and for more great Baha'i-inspired content, check out BAHAIBLOG.NET: http://bahaiblog.net/
Thanks for listening!