Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode I'm at my home in Los Angeles talking with my dear friend and musician, JB Eckl. JB's worked on countless musical projects including The Badasht Project which he is widely known for in Baha'i circles. He tells me how he ended up in a rock band in Mexico as a teen, why we need music and the arts in everything we do, and why he loves Bob Marley so much. We also talk about dieting, guitar solos, how the arts can translate complex ideas, and the importance of empathy. He also shares one of my favorite songs at the end, so hit play and listen in on the conversation!
To find out more about JB Eckl and some of the things we covered in this podcast, check out the following links:
* Check out JB Eckl's website: http://www.jbeckl.com/
* Check out JB Eckl's album: https://9starmedia.com/jb-eckl-sparks
* Check out JB Eckl's band 'Dig Infinity': https://www.facebook.com/DigInfinityBand/
* JB talks about the conference of Badasht which you can learn more about here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conference_of_Badasht
* Check out the albums from 'The Badasht Project' here:
-Badasht Vol. I: While The City Sleeps: https://9starmedia.com/badasht-vol-1-while-the-city-sleeps
-Badasht Vol. II: Raise Me Up: https://9starmedia.com/badasht-vol-2-raise-me-up
-Badasht Vol. III: Visionaries: https://9starmedia.com/badasht-vol-3-visionaries
* Read Baha'i Blog's interview with JB Eckl about The Badasht Project here: http://bahaiblog.net/2014/03/badasht-iii-visionaries-interview-jb-eckl/
* JB mentions Eric Dozier (http://www.ericdozier.com/), musician and cofounder of The Badasht Project, and who is also featured on Baha'i Blog Studio Sessions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzoJHax-FR0
* JB mentions Rachael Price, lead singer of 'Lake Street Dive': https://www.lakestreetdive.com/
* We talk about Nader Saiedi and his books 'Gate of the Heart' (https://amzn.to/2FOOAvy), and 'Logos and Civilization' (https://www.bahaibookstore.com/Logos-and-Civilization-P9070.aspx)
* You can also listen to Nader Saiedi's interview on the Baha'i Blogcast here: http://bahaiblog.net/2017/08/bahai-blogcast-rainn-wilson-episode-20-nader-saiedi/
* I mention the book 'Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind': https://amzn.to/2S1Ky9D
* JB mentions the book 'Baha'u'llah and the New Era' by J.E. Esslemont: https://amzn.to/2S7IQUt
* JB quotes Rumi: "The wound is the place where the light enters you."
* JB mentions singer Yosi Mesbah (https://yosimesbah.bandcamp.com/), who was interviewed here on Baha'i Blog as well: http://bahaiblog.net/2017/02/cellar-sky-album-yosi-mesbah/
* At the end of the podcast, JB sings the song 'New Creation', which can be found on the album Badasht Vol. III: Visionaries (https://9starmedia.com/badasht-vol-3-visionaries)
Be sure to subscribe to the Baha’i Blogcast for more episodes on:
* iTunes: http://apple.co/2leHPHL
If you would like to find out more about the Baha'i Faith visit BAHAI.ORG, and for more great Baha'i-inspired content check out BAHAIBLOG.NET: http://bahaiblog.net/
Thanks for listening!