Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode I interview the wonderful Linda Kavelin-Popov, a psychotherapist, award-winning writer, and one of the creators of the globally acclaimed 'Virtues Project', which is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year! Linda tells me the story behind the Virtues Project, and why her and her husband moved to the beautiful Cook Islands. We also discuss death and dealing with loss, the importance of prayer and meditation, plus we even do a fun activity at the end of the podcast where I pick a Virtues Card and we reflect on how it relates to my life. I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did!
To find out more about Linda Kavelin-Popov, and some of the things we covered in this podcast, check out the following links:
* Find out more about 'The Virtues Project' from their website and social media pages below:
- Website: https://www.virtuesproject.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheVirtuesProjectOfficialPage/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/vpiassoc?lang=en
* You can also check out the following special '30th Anniversary of the Virtues Project' links below:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY2zVLzWWESm5C8bxygdiQ
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirtuesAlive1988/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirtuesALIVE
* Here's a list of books by Linda Kavelin-Popov below:
- 'The Family Virtues Guide: Simple Ways to Bring Out the Best in Our Children and Ourselves': https://amzn.to/2KkcH83
- 'A Pace of Grace: The Virtues of a Sustainable Life': https://amzn.to/2K7WByU
- 'Sacred Moments: Daily Meditations on the Virtues': https://amzn.to/2KeaoQx
- 'A Scent of Sage': https://amzn.to/2lxuQRS
- 'Graceful Endings': https://amzn.to/2KkDXEo
* Check out Linda's personal blog here: https://lindakavelinpopov.com/
* Read Baha'i Blog's interview with Linda about the Virtues Project here: http://bahaiblog.net/site/2018/06/celebrating-30-years-of-the-virtues-project-an-interview-with-linda-kavelin-popov/
* Watch New Zealand's 'Baha'i on Air' TV show's interview with Linda here:
- Graceful Ending Interview (Part 1): https://bit.ly/2KPaDoS
- Graceful Ending Interview (Part 2): https://bit.ly/2KW1Yxy
* Linda quotes the following passage from 'The Four Valley's by Baha'u'llah: “A servant is drawn unto Me in prayer until I answer him; and when I have answered him, I become the ear wherewith he heareth...”
* Linda quotes the following passage from 'The Book of Certitude' by Baha'u'llah: “One hour’s reflection is preferable to seventy years of pious worship”
* Linda mentions how Abdu’l-Baha said: “...things of which man knew nothing will be unfolded before his sight...”
* Linda quotes the following from Shoghi Effendi: “...you rise from prayer as if your prayer has already been answered...”
* Linda mentions 'The Fire Tablet' by Baha'u'llah which can be found here: https://bit.ly/2KHzZpC
* The book 'Portals to Freedom' by Howard Colby Ives, is mentioned in this interview: https://amzn.to/2Kt0cY1
* Linda talks about the 'Five Spiritual Strategy's of the virtues project' which you can learn more about here: https://virtuesproject.com/strategies.html
You can find all of our episodes here on the Baha'i Blogcast page: http://bahaiblog.net/site/bahaiblogcast/
Be sure to ‘subscribe’ to the Baha’i Blogcast for more episodes on:
If you would like to find out more about the Baha'i Faith visit BAHAI.ORG, and for more great Baha'i-inspired content check out BAHAIBLOG.NET.
Thanks for listening!