Mar 7, 2023
Ep88: Should I Get Plastic Surgery? -- with Alanna Dybus
My bestie, Alanna Dybus, is back for Part Two of a Trilogy around Body Image. I’m super grateful for her friendship, as well as her bravery, as she opens up about her decision to have plastic surgery.
Where do we draw the line between getting plastic surgery and being happy with who we are? How do we reserve judgment around body image issues and remember to consider the other person’s well-being before putting our foot in it?
From advice on asking a woman if she is pregnant, to unpacking the mental health aspect of plastic surgery, Alanna and I go all in on the topic of body image, hopefully, so that we can help destigmatize the topic and make things easier for everyone else out there to have these important conversations with grace and clarity. You are not alone!
Please check out Part One and then Part 3 of this trilogy on body image. I promise that you’ll get a lot out of these episodes!
You don’t ask somebody if they’re pregnant!” ~ Alanna Dybus
In This Episode:
– Do NOT ask somebody if they are pregnant!
– The fine line between plastic surgery and being happy with yourself
– Alanna’s story about getting plastic surgery
– Unpacking the mental health aspect of getting plastic surgery
– Asking yourself the question, “Why am I doing this?”
– Losing collagen as we age
– Judgment around the decision to have plastic surgery
– Asking yourself: Am I going to be happy? Am I doing this for me?
– What does doing something for yourself look and sound like?
– Reserving judgment and reframing your concern for your friend’s happiness
Connect with Alanna Dybus:
– Instagram - alanna (@akdybus) - https://www.instagram.com/akdybus/
Connect with Meg Ellis:
– Website - https://www.phoenix8consulting.com/podcast
– Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/letscreateyourfate/?hl=en