Ep 153 - It Harms Good Journalism and It Harms the Public Interest with Nick McKenzie
Join Caroline Wilson and Corrie Perkin for Ep 153.
This week we're joined by Walkley award winning journalist *Nick McKenzie** *from _The Age_ and _60 Minutes_*.* We discuss Nick's approach to journalism, the pressure that comes with being an investigative journalist and what he loves most about pursuing and telling a story.
We follow up on Collingwood's recent woes and Caro's latest on the Eddie McGuire conflict.
This week in * 'The Cocktail Cabinet for Prince Wine Store' *Caro and Corrie discuss the merits of Rose.
Prince Wine Store bringing Melbournians, the greatest wine in the world. Delivering Australia Wide. www.Prince Wine Store.com.au To receive a special listener discount enter the promo code MESS (as in Messenger) at checkout to receive your discount and tell the Prince team that Caro and Corrie sent you!
Caro's 'Crush of the Week' is the Melbourne Food and Wine New Year's celebrations - which will include open-air dining events unlike anything Melbourne has seen before. More info HERE.
In 'BSF' Corrie makes a head start on her Summer reading recommendations which include;
* American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins & _The Survivors_ by Jane Harper
* _The Burning Island_ by Jock Serong
* _The Weekend_ by Charlotte Wood
* _Hamnet__ _by Maggie O'Farrell
* _The Yield_ by Tara June Winch
* _A Year of Simple Family Food_ by Julia Busuttil Nishimura
* _A Promised Land__ by _Barak Obama
* _Lady In Waiting_ by Anne Glenconnor
Caro recommends watching _Briarpatch_ on SBS on Demand and Nick recommends The Comey Rule and The Mandalorian on Disney Plus.
Caro's raving about *Aphrodite's Roast Chicken* from Delicious. Get the recipe HERE or below.
*This week in our Click for Vic spotlight* it's great to hear from the poddies at Cape Merchants who love being part of Click for Vic.
Nick recommends a trip to Peninsula Bulk Meats.
Click for Vic - Get the best of Victoria delivered at www.visitvictoria.com/clickforvic or HERE.
Let us know about your wonderful Victoria recomendations or Click for Vic gems via our socials or email@example.com.
For videos and pics make sure you follow us on Instagram or Twitter @DontShootPod.
Email the show via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like our Facebook page and hit 'Sign Up' to receive weekly updates HERE.
Don't Shoot the Messenger is produced by Corrie Perkin, Caroline Wilson and produced, engineered and edited by Jane Nield for Sports Entertainment Network.
Thanks to Clementine Donohoe for additional social media support. You can follow @clemmiedonohoe on Instagram HERE.
*Aphrodite's Roast Chicken from Delicious*
* 4 small desiree potatoes, thinly sliced widthwise to 5mm thick
* 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
* 1 (1.4kg) small organic chicken, pat dry with paper towel
* 1 small lemon
* 1 bunch rosemary
* 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
* Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
* Arrange the potatoes in a single layer over the bottom of a large roasting dish, overlapping them. I do this in a round 32cm tarte Tatin dish, but whatever you have on hand will do. Drizzle with 1 tbs of the olive oil and season liberally to taste.
* Place the chicken in the middle, on top of the potatoes. Prick the lemon all over with a fork and place it in the cavity with half the rosemary. Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil over the chicken, then rub it into the skin with a very generous pinch of salt. Lightly crush the garlic cloves and scatter them over the potatoes with the remaining rosemary.
* Roast for 60-70 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden and the juices run clear when you insert a knife into the thickest part of the bird (between the leg and the body). Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving, then serve with the potatoes.