Rebuilding Your Marriage with Kevin Myers
Hey friends! We’re kicking off a mini-series on marriage this week, and I couldn’t be more excited to share this conversation with you!
Marriage is a beautiful and life-giving experience for many of us because we have a trusted partner by our side to celebrate the good times and weather life’s unexpected storms. But sometimes the storms can begin to overwhelm the relationship, and we can easily find ourselves in a relationship that looks nothing like it did when it began.
Today, author and 12Stone Church senior pastor Kevin Myers and I talk about tackling common marriage problems, rebuilding our relationships, and making them stronger than ever before.
We also talk about his book The Second Happy along with seven strategies to rebuild your marriage, how to use prayer to work on internal problems that help us (and our spouse!), and how to evict the elephants in your marriage.
Listen in to hear:
* How fighting fairly allows for intimacy in a relationship and how this intimacy helps us grow closer as a couple and with God.
* How to view conflict resolution through “buckets” and when to apply water on your issues instead of gas.
* How God can help us with our marriage through thoughtful and intentional prayer.
1. I think a lot of times people feel the weight of carrying both sides of the problem and you can't. You can only carry your side.
2. You realize in the life of ministry, if you're really devoted to helping people, that some things are broken that they can't fix and only God can fix.
3. Everybody in the church carries two buckets and you're either adding to harmony or conflict, but you're never neutral.
4. We tend to use marriage rather than build it, because we're trying to build so many other things in our world.
5. You cannot consistently pray over someone you love and consistently despise them.
In this episode I answer this question:
What’s your take on the law of attraction? (36:52)
Great things we discussed:
1. Kevin Myers at 12Stone
2. The Second Happy: Seven Practices To Make Your Marriage Better Than Your Honeymoon
3. Stairway to Heaven
4. The Mandalorian
5. Change Your World
6. Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secrets
7. Groundhog Day
8. The Schuyler Sisters
9. Guns and Ships
10. Standing Strong
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! :)