Nov 4, 2022
Life Under Musk: Two Twitter Employees Speak Out
“We cross our fingers and hope to make it through another day.” Twitter hasn’t spoken publicly since Elon Musk bought the company a week ago. But inside, employees describe a mood of fear, chaos, stress and bizarre requests to print out code.
* Members of Elon Musk’s inner circle, including the podcast hosts David Sacks, Jason Calacanis and Sriram Krishnan, are advising Mr. Musk on changes at Twitter.
* Engineers at Twitter were told to print out their most recent software code to show to Mr. Musk.
* Under pressure to increase revenue, Mr. Musk considered making Twitter users pay to keep their verification badges. The acclaimed horror author Stephen King was not thrilled by the idea.
* Twitter’s chief customer officer, Sarah Personette, and several other executives have left the company in recent days.
* Mr. Musk faces financial challenges in owning Twitter.