Bryan Clayton, CEO and Founder of GreenPal and small-business mentor, gives his five best ideas for entrepreneurs and small-business owners:
- Bake in your marketing strategies from the earliest days of your business and plan on getting your solution out to your customers.
- Spend time experimenting with marketing techniques, from organic SEO to social media channels, and figure out what works best for you.
- Be honest: are people willing to pay for what you’re doing? Are they coming back for more?
- Be impressive to potential mentors: show them your hustle and how far you’ve come!
- Tune into passive mentorships like YouTube channels and (ahem) podcasts for key insights from your favourite thought leaders. Only take advice from folks who have been where you’re going!