Dr. Charles Handler is an industrial-organizational psychologist and talent assessment specialist.
Fun fact: Charles also has a love of classic cars and was featured on the History Channel’s Big Easy Motors.
Highlights from our conversation include:
- How organizational psychology can inform every step of the hiring process (5:02)
- Job fit versus organization fit (7:37)
- Why humans are inherently flawed in evaluating candidate capabilities (9:55)
- Why some popular assessments are not appropriate for selection (13:11)
- How much weight we can put in the Hogan Assessment (15:01)
- Models for executive assessment (17:35)
- The importance of human judgment in executive level assessment (20:49)
- How to evaluate leadership (22:50)
- AI’s strengths and weaknesses (25:06)
- How remote work will influence companies’ needs (28:41)
Visit HowIHire.com for transcripts and more on this episode.
Follow Roy Notowitz and Noto Group Executive Search on LinkedIn for updates and featured career opportunities.
Check out Roy's upcoming webinar on the future of hiring, part of Big Path Capital's Impact CEO Series.
Subscribe to How I Hire: