• Meet the hosts | Stacey and Callie introduce themselves and discuss challenges and innovations highlighted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
• 01:41 Health care in the time of COVID-19 | Stacey and Kristi Henderson discuss the state of the health care industry—the boom of telehealth appointments during the pandemic, and how providers are balancing digital and in-person care options as things start to open back up.
• 13:43 Health equity | In light of the focus on social responsibility and equity in our lives, Kristi dives into its implications in health care, and the role it plays beyond our interactions in hospitals and clinics.
• 21:06 Conclusion | This episode ends with a reflection from Callie and Stacey, plus a clip from UnitedHealth Group Senior Vice President and Chief Health Equity Officer, Michael Currie, on addressing health inequity.
• Recent blog from Kristi Henderson: Accelerating a future where health care is closer to home
• Further reading: Treating the whole person
Kristi Henderson is a health care change agent and clinician with more than 25 years of experience. She has designed, implemented and optimized the health care delivery system using digital health tools and technology throughout her career.
In her current role, Henderson focuses on modernizing the Optum care delivery organization using digital health tools and telehealth.
A few of her other leadership roles include service as an executive board member for the American Telemedicine Association; AAMC Telehealth Committee member; ANA co-chair for Committee on Connected Health; and member of the NQF Telehealth Committee. She is a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing and the Emergency Nurses Association.