Mar 24, 2021
20: Why Industrial Automation is Inevitable with Jeff Burnstein of the Association for Advancing Automation
In this episode, Tee Ganbold sits down with Jeff Burnstein, President of the Association for Advancing Automation (A3), to talk about the adoption of industrial automation and A3’s piece in that progress.
Topics in this conversation include:
* The mission behind A3 (2:01)
* A3’s community and what they provide for their members (3:09)
* Why automation is being adopted more now than ever before (4:09)
* The primary reason the adoption of automation is slowed (5:42)
* Why there should not be a concern about automation decreasing job opportunities (6:56)
* A message about A3’s conference, Automate Forward (9:15)
The Association for Advancing Automation (A3) is the world's largest global vision and imaging trade group. Their members include manufacturers of vision components and systems, system integrators, distributors, OEMs, end-users, consulting firms, academic institutions and research groups directly involved with vision and imaging. Together these companies increase the quality of everyday lives with the mission to advance the understanding and use of vision and imaging technologies to drive global expansion and growth through education and promotion.
_Automating The Chain _bridges the learning gap between business executives and their technical counterparts. In each episode, we learn from CTOs and experts in industrial automation as they explain their technology in an accessible way. For more information, or to subscribe, please visit https://www.automatingthechain.com/.