Do you want to retire to full-time leisure, or find fulfillment in new work challenges?
Chris Farrell is a marketplace senior economics contributor at American Public Media Group, a columnist at PBS Next Avenue and the Star Tribune, and the author of "Unretirement." He earned a BA in History at Stanford and a MSC in Sociology from the London School of Economics and Political Science. His new book, “Purpose and a Paycheck” (Feb 2019) is available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
To explore a new career, grow as a leader, or accelerate your business growth, schedule a FREE Velocity Call with interviewer and executive coach Allison Dunn! https://my.timetrade.com/book/DY6LN
In this interview, Chris delves into:
• the definitions of “unretirement”, “rewirement” and a “third-age career”
• the number of people in their late 50’s or early 60’s who are starting new businesses, compared to people in their 20’s (the number may surprise you!)
• typical motivations for starting new businesses later in life
• ways to approaching finding something new and exciting that leverages your existing skillset
• how to incorporate leisure into your early career, and productivity into your later career
• how to choose the right opportunities for furthering education or gaining certifications for a new career venture
• how employers can incentivize employees to stay longer to benefit from their experience and wisdom
• how employers can create a new form of retirement benefits that help employees launch their own ventures when they’re ready to leave the company
• who “Purpose and a Paycheck” is for and how you can follow Chris online You can find Chris's books on Amazon.
• Purpose and a Paycheck: Finding Meaning, Money, and Happiness in the Second Half of Life https://www.amazon.com/Purpose-Payche...
• Unretirement: How Baby Boomers are Changing the Way We Think About Work, Community, and the Good Life https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/162...
• The New Frugality: How to Consume Less, Save More, and Live Better https://www.amazon.com/New-Frugality-...
Are you ready to take your career or business to the next level? You can schedule a FREE 30-minute Velocity Call with executive coach Allison Dunn!
Before the call, please plan to discuss:
• Your biggest goal for the next 90 days
• Your top long term business goals
• The biggest opportunity in your business right now
• Obstacles preventing the growth you want to achieve
At the end of the call we’ll help you determine 5-7 goals to focus on. We’ll also see whether there’s an opportunity in your business to help you grow faster that justifies the cost of further business coaching. Space on our calendar fills up quickly. Please check our calendar today to see what time we have available. https://my.timetrade.com/book/DY6LN
Deliberate Directions also offers:
• public speaking for events https://deliberatedirections.com/spea...
• interactive workshops for events https://deliberatedirections.com/work...
• FREE business success guides https://deliberatedirections.com/guides