#232 Health & Wellness: Making Yourself A Priority
Alright, listen up people! If you are not taking care of yourself, you are NOT going to successfully be able to take care of anything or anyone else in your life. Michelle has known Coach Brien Shamp for a few years now and believes wholeheartedly in his message and mission. We are thrilled to bring this episode to you NOW especially when current events are draining the life out of so many of us. Listen in, learn, implement, and thank us later. ;)
Coach Brien Shamp (https://brienshamp.com/) began personal fitness training back in 1991 at the age of 18. He now develops weekly programs for over 1,000 clients and students of all ages (up to 105 years old) and abilities. Brien has been the Strength & Conditioning Specialist for several colleges in the Bay area: College of San Mateo (CSM), University of Notre Dame, Santa Clara University and Menlo College. For six years Brien was an Adapted Physical Education Instructor at Foothill College, where he taught elderly and mentally disabled students to enhance their overall functional capacity through exercise in various settings.
Brien is recognized as a Master Trainer by IDEA, and has written hundreds of articles on various health & fitness related topics
Stress reduction is everything. Exercise alone does not have anything to do with losing weight.
The 7 Daily Primal Needs
1. Consciously breathe - Slow, deep, rhythmic core breathing
2. Hydrate - Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day - minimum
3. Sleep - quality and quantity. 7-9 hours per night (sleep will help balance your hormones!)
4. Eat - Hight quality foods. Plan & Prepare. Chew. Know your body.
5. Love - Connect with those that fill you up. Server others. Live from the heart, not the mind.
6. Growth - Constant and never-ending improvement and personal development. Get a coach to help you!
7. Movement - 30 minutes per day, mimiimum! When you work out, you ask more of your physiology. Be aware of your posture too.
With your in-home/virtual workouts, create a nice environment for yourself. Find joy in your workout space! Brien also encourages his trainees to use a heart rate monitor.
Links We Referenced
Brien is offering discounts to our listenters! Be sure to mention you heard about him on The Big Wedding Planning Podcast when inquiring.
$50 off the 21 day program = $300 (normally $350)
$30 a week discount off of the 12 week program = $69 a week (normally $99 a week)
“So many symptoms and ailments we have are because of dehydration.” - Brien
“It’s very, very important to have constant and never-ending improvement.” - Brien
The Big Wedding Planning Podcast is...
* Hosted and produced by Christy Matthews and Michelle Martinez.
* Edited by Veronica Gruba.
* Music by Steph Altman of Mophonics.
* On Instagram @thebigweddingplanningpodcast and be sure to use #planthatwedding when posting, so you can get our attention!
* Inviting you to become part of our Facebook Group! Join us and our amazing members. Just search for The Big Wedding Planning Podcast Community on Facebook.
* Easy to get in touch with. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call and leave a message at 415-723-1625 and you might hear your voice on an episode
* On Patreon. Become a member and with as little as $5 per month, you get bonuse episodes, special newsletters and Zoom Cocktail Hours with Christy & Michelle!
Our Partners (https://www.thebigweddingplanningpodcast.com/partners)
Special Deals for Listeners - TBWPP Enthusiastically Approved!
Susan's Travel Services (https://susanstravelservices.com/ready-to-book/)
The Flashdance (https://www.theflashdance.com/virtual-party-the-big-wedding-planning-podcast)
Cactus Collective (https://www.cactus-collective.com/the-big-wedding-planning-podcast/)
Unboring Officiant (https://www.unboringofficiant.com/bigwedding/) Special Guest: Brien Shamp.