Welcome to our first-ever episode of Elevating Early Childhood!
I’m Vanessa Levin, and I help pre-k, preschool, and kindergarten teachers teach better, save time, and live more!
Have you ever encountered a problem in your classroom you weren’t sure how to solve? Maybe you’ve felt alone, isolated from your colleagues, not knowing who to turn to for help?
These were the biggest challenges I’ve faced when I was starting out as an early childhood teacher. I spent years fantasizing about creating a place where teachers could exchange classroom experiences, give out tips, share successful practices, and support each other in tough times.
Starting Pre-K Pages helped me turn those dreams into reality, gathering a following of more than a million early childhood professionals who share a desire to be and do better.
It warms my heart to see so many teachers feel supported by the community I’ve created!
Still, it’s been quite the journey getting there, and for this episode, I’d like to share some of the most important moments of my career with you.
I’ve had the opportunity to work and teach all across America - even internationally. And each one of those experiences has taught me a valuable lesson, making me the teacher and the person I am today.
Come! Let me tell you all about it!
- The key to becoming a more successful teacher in 2021 and beyond (00:00)
- My journey from teaching English in Seoul, South Korea to creating Pre-K Pages (00:31)
- How I conquered the biggest problems most teachers faced and still thrived (01:31)
- How the power of community made teaching easier, more fun, and more fulfilling (03:23)
- How resistance to change improved my teaching (and other parts of my life, too) (04:13)
- The origin story of Pre-K Pages and why it has become the best place for teachers all over the world (05:20)
- Visit our website to find tons of pre-K teaching resources here:
- Get my book “Teach Smarter: Literacy Strategies for Early Childhood Teachers” here:
- Learn more about my membership program “Teaching Trailblazers” here:
Elevating Early Childhood is an early education podcast dedicated to helping Pre-K, Preschool, and Kindergarten teachers teach better, save time, and live more.
If you enjoy the podcast, please follow, rate, and leave a review on your favorite podcast platform.
Onward & Upward!