Do your kids love visiting your preschool library center?
For many pre-k teachers, getting children interested in books and reading can be very difficult. And there are various reasons why that is so...
The kids aren’t interested…
They’re mistreating the books...
And very often, we’re not given the adequate resources to create a proper classroom library!
So in this week’s episode, I’m going to provide a solution for each of these challenges and share some proven practices for creating an exceptional preschool library center your kids will adore.
By applying these techniques, you’ll teach your kids to love books and handle them properly while designing an inviting and organized classroom library.
And you can do all of it on a shoestring budget!
All that and more on this week’s episode of Elevating Early Childhood!
- Do your kids love going to your preschool classroom’s library center? (00:00)
- The most common library center challenges for pre-k teachers (00:51)
- Why children mistreat books (and how to teach them not to) (02:13)
- How to teach preschool children to love books and reading (06:27)
- Is having too many books in your preschool library center a bad thing? (11:01)
- The secret to making your preschool library center more inviting (11:53)
- An excellent system for teaching kids how to put books back where they belong (13:31)
- How many books should your preschool library center have? (15:19)
- Best methods for creating a fantastic library center on a low budget (17:37)
- Resources to help you create a top-notch library center! (blog post + book-handling skills kit + learning centers essential guide) (21:00)
- Visit our website to find tons of pre-K teaching resources here.
- Get my book “Teach Smarter: Literacy Strategies for Early Childhood Teachers”.
- Learn more about my membership program, “Teaching Trailblazers”.
- Get your 2021 Soar to Success Summit pass here.
- Check out our Preschool Classroom Library Center blog.
- Get our Book Handling Skills Kit here.
- Download our FREE Center Essentials Guide.
Elevating Early Childhood is an early education podcast dedicated to helping Pre-K, Preschool, and Kindergarten teachers teach better, save time, and live more.
If you enjoy the podcast, please follow, rate, and leave a review on your favorite podcast platform.
Onward & Upward!