On this episode of The Built in Seattle Podcast, I talked with Grant Goodale, Co-Founder and CTO at Convoy (convoy.com)
For extras from this interview, subscribe to my weekly email
- How Grant scaled himself by being humble and asking for help.
- Why title shouldn't define your work as a founder.
- How getting into the weeds outside his function helped hire the right executives.
- Why "innovate deliberately" rather than innovate everywhere.
- How to use values for decision-making and avoid "refrigerator values."
- The importance of "prevalence and repetition."
- How Amazon's leadership principles influenced Convoy.
- Learning trucking from top-down and bottom-up
- How multiple forces converged at the right time to make Convoy possible.
- Why "starting small" beat the emotional hurdles of complexity.
- How they attracted A-list investors.
- How early investors helped the founders think bigger.
Grant Goodale is the CTO and Co-Founder at Convoy. Additionally, Grant Goodale has had 7 past jobs including CEO at Massively Fun. Grant is an experienced engineering leader with a deep technical background and a passion for well-thought-out, scalable, highly reliable code. He is proven to bridge the gap between product and engineering requirements and have successfully managed large engineering teams around the globe using agile methodologies.
Where to follow Grant:
Where to follow Adam:
Feedback? Suggestions on who to interview?
Email me anytime - email@example.com