Jul 21, 2021
Who Does God Choose to Work Through?
What kind of person does God choose to work through most often?
Can he work through me too?
The book of Esther is a classic expression of the biblical idea that God opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble. And God is still in the habit of elevating those who society has deemed unimportant. It might not always look as heroic as Esther’s story, but God can use anybody as an instrument for his purposes. If we want to partner with God, we don’t have to be rich, important, or powerful. We simply need to trust him over everything else.
Esther 4:1-6, 12-17
1. God opposes the proud, but he gives grace to the humble. What are some other stories in the Bible where we see this truth?
2. With those stories in mind, what does it practically mean to be humble? How is it a mindset as well as an action?
3. What is one courageous step, small or big, that you could take today to trust God and humbly serve your community?
Want to Go Deeper?
Check out this episode's Bible study to watch a video and explore more detailed questions for personal study and group discussion. Go to bibleproject.com/study.
* Host: Cheree Hayes
* Message: Dr. Tim Mackie
* Bible Reading: Michelle Jones
* Production: Cooper Peltz, Dan Gummel, and Zach McKinley
* Theme music: Grant William Harold
* Background Music: A Certain Distance, Sean Williams
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.