Todd Zipper, EVP and GM of Wiley University Services and Talent Development, welcomes Dan Avida, CEO and Co-founder of Engageli. Todd and Dan discuss how the pandemic highlighted the need for more engaging online learning.
• The need for engaging synchronous tools in online education and ways to improve asynchronous learning
• The shortcomings of traditional teleconferencing tools like Google Meet, Slack, and Teams
• Ways to improve engagement and collaboration between instructors and students to help drive quality outcomes at scale
• How to address inclusivity, equity, and diversity through platform design and functionality
• The future of the personalized learning journey, machine learning, use of data, dashboards, and AI
Dan Avida has been working in technology companies as an executive and/or board member for over three decades. Several of these companies have scaled from a small founding team to over $100M in revenues and valuations of over $1B. He started Engageli in 2020 with wife and Coursera co-founder Daphne Koller, Stanford emeritus professor Serge Plotkin, and former executive at 2U and Trilogy, Jamie Nacht Farrell. He earned his B.S. in Computer Engineering from Technion, the Israel Institute of Technology, summa cum laude.