Taking care of plants is putting our love into practice. Even if it’s not something we actively think about or do, this hobby of ours revolves around kindness, care, and deepening our love for ourselves, other people, and our planet. We lead with love when it comes to our plant collection, and there is no one else more perfect to talk about love than bestselling author, spiritual leader, fellow plant lady, and an inspiration to thousands of people everywhere, Danielle LaPorte.
In this episode, we learn:
- [00:34] Life updates from Maria
- [02:03] What to expect from this plant-parallel episode
- [03:54] How to avoid sad-looking indoor plants
- [05:33] Caring for a Buddhist pine according to Danielle!
- [06:54] How plants help us through our limiting beliefs
- [09:28] Danielle shares her plant parenthood journey and the lessons she’s learned along the way
- [15:45] Who is Danielle and what are the core values that she lives by?
- [20:16] How can personal development be unproductive to living our best lives?
- [23:40] Why are plants and love deeply connected? How does Danielle see the relationship between nature and the self?
- [28:03] How to keep your home, your plants, and yourself hydrated
- [30:03] Where to get the best fertilizers, potting mixes, and more
- [31:28] The healing benefits of Hinoki essential oil
- [32:35] Different works of art that show gratitude to nature
- [33:40] In what ways has Mother Nature helped Danielle heal?
- [37:55] On turning inward and shifting perspectives on the things we identify as
- [40:47] What is the difference between embodiment and feeling?
- [43:06] How does Danielle define love? How can we embody love in everything we do?
- [44:20] What is the practice of weeding thoughts? How do negative thoughts influence the way we move in the world?
- [45:50] How powerful self-talk can be and why we need to avoid negative mindset
- [49:35] Overcoming body image issues and honoring your body
- [53:29] What is the heart center? Where do we start with feeling into our heart center?
- [56:17] What does Danielle hope people take away from her newest book How To Be Loving?
- [58:00] Why our love for plants can expand into love for everything
- [58:50] How to join Danielle’s book launch
- [01:00:22] Maria on why you should add Danielle to your following list!
Mentioned in our conversation:
For an in-depth look at our conversation,
visit the full show notes and blog here!
Follow Maria and Bloom and Grow Radio:
Order my book: Growing Joy: The Plant Lover's Guide to Cultivating Happiness (and Plants) by Maria Failla, Illustrated by Samantha Leung
Join the Bloom and Grow Garden Party Community Platform & App AKA the plantiest and kindest corner of the internet!
Take the Bloom and Grow Plant Parent Personality Quiz (Get the perfect plants, projects and educational resources for YOUR Lifestyle)
Support Bloom and Grow Radio by becoming a Plant Friend on Patreon!
Instagram and Facebook: @BloomandGrowRadio
Subscribe to the Bloom and Grow Youtube Show! /Bloomandgrowradio
Join the (free) Garden Club: www.bloomandgrowradio.com/garden-club
* Check out Quince and use my code joy for a great deal: https://www.quince.com/
* Check out Quince: https://www.quince.com/
* Check out Rosetta Stone and use my code TODAY for a great deal: https://www.rosettastone.com/
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands