Are you running out of space for your plants? Growing your plant collection can be quite the challenge when all your countertops, tablespace and even floorspace have been populated with your plant babies. Don’t fret any longer, plant friends, as we got the most beautiful and mess-free DIY projects for you to make the most out of your vertical space at home! In this episode, learn alongside me as Erin Harding of @houseplantclub and @cleverbloom gives us step-by-step tutorials on three amazing yet easy DIYs for your vertical garden.
In this episode, we learn:
- [00:25] Maria’s eureka moment for this episode!
- [01:53] Updates on country living and hummingbirds
- [05:06] Welcome, new Garden Party members!
- [06:57] The easiest way to compost your food scraps
- [11:06] Who is Erin and how did Clever Bloom and Houseplant Club get started?
- [15:14] On the importance of evolving with your plant collection
- [18:26] Erin and Morgan’s brilliant first and second books
- [22:12] How Erin curated her personal aesthetic and developed her passion for DIY
- [24:56] Why accessibility and variety encourage people to DIY
- [27:22] Why you should use vertical space for your plants
- [31:40] How to make a modern beaded macrame plant hanger
- [35:15] The best and most stylish grow lights for your home
- [37:14] Where to get humidifiers for your home and for your health!
- [39:37] Different ways to customize your macrame plant hanger
- [44:41] Step-by-step tutorial of DIY air plant driftwood piece
- [48:03] Watering your air plants in your DIY driftwood plant accessory
- [50:09] What is a kokedama and how does it work?
- [52:04] What are ideal plants to use in a kokedama?
- [53:38] How to make your own kokedama
- [55:59] Bringing natural beauty into your home through DIY projects
- [01:00:12] Erin’s favorite DIY project in her latest book
- [01:03:20] Where to find Erin (and Morgan!) online
- [01:04:53] A friendly reminder for this fall season
Mentioned in our conversation:
For the step-by-step tutorials of these 3 DIY projects...
visit the full show notes and blog here!
House Plant Club Instagram
Clever Bloom website
Clever Bloom Instagram
Planting Pink Etsy
Planting Pink website
Planting Pink Instagram
Follow Maria and Bloom and Grow Radio:
Order my book: Growing Joy: The Plant Lover's Guide to Cultivating Happiness (and Plants) by Maria Failla, Illustrated by Samantha Leung
Join the Bloom and Grow Garden Party Community Platform & App AKA the plantiest and kindest corner of the internet!
Take the Bloom and Grow Plant Parent Personality Quiz (Get the perfect plants, projects and educational resources for YOUR Lifestyle)
Support Bloom and Grow Radio by becoming a Plant Friend on Patreon!
Instagram and Facebook: @BloomandGrowRadio
Subscribe to the Bloom and Grow Youtube Show! /Bloomandgrowradio
Join the (free) Garden Club: www.bloomandgrowradio.com/garden-club
* Check out Quince: https://www.quince.com/
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands